The Hatchet is a one-handed weapon that offers both close-quarters and ranged abilities in New World. The best build uses skills from both trees.
The Hatchet is a one-handed weapon in New World that gives players the ability to choose how they want to deal large amounts of damage, either via close-quarters combat or at range. The Hatchet is one of the best weapons for frontline DPSers and has a lot of viability in many types of builds for PvE and PvP encounters, making it one of the best weapons in New World.
Since the Hatchet has great damage buffs, base damage, and self-healing abilities at higher levels, it’s considered a must for any player who plans on running solo in New World. The Hatchet’s two Mastery Trees are Berserker and Throwing. Berserker offers three distinct close-quarters abilities while Throwing grants range options for the Hatchet. Both are excellent trees for DPS players, and the Hatchet’s size allows players to remain mobile throughout any engagement.
The easiest way to grab a Hatchet is by crafting one, but a Hatchet can be earned via a New World Twitch drop claim from watching select streamers. Additionally, the Hatchet’s abilities can be mixed between both trees, but only three can be chosen in total.
New World: The Best Hatchet Build
These are the Hatchet abilities:
- Berserk (Berserker): Triggers a Berserk Mode that increases all attack damage by 20% while active. Beserk Mode remains active for 12 seconds, and the cooldown triggers once Berserk ends.
- Feral Rush (Berserker): A sprinting melee attack that causes the player to leap forward, hitting twice. The first hit deals 115% weapon damage, and the second hit deals 130%.
- Raging Torrent (Berserker): Perform four fast attacks dealing 90% weapon damage.
- Rending Throw (Throwing): Throw an axe dealing 110% weapon damage and applying Rend, reducing the target’s damage absorption by 10% for 10 seconds.
- Social Distancing (Throwing): Throw an axe forward and dodge backwards, dealing 130% weapon damage and slowing targets by 15% for 3 seconds. This is an easy ability to use to earn more XP in New World.
- Infected Throw: (Throwing): Throw an axe that deals 150% weapon damage and triggers the disease and weakens the target for 5 seconds.
The best Hatchet Build is going to be Berserk, Raging Torrent, and Social Distancing. These abilities will allow Hatchet users to remain mobile while dealing high damage against enemies in both PvE and PvP at any distance. Additionally, Social Distancing gives Hatchet users a chance to fall back if needed for a quick heal. For team-based PvP battles, the best weapon combination with the Hatchet is the Great Axe, but for solo PvE and PvP play, the best secondary is the Life Staff, which will allow the Hatchet user to heal themselves.
New World is currently available on PC.
Ghostbusters: Afterlife Early Reviews Are Split on Nostalgia-Heavy Sequel
About The Author